- The Down Side: Flats provide inadequate cushioning and support. This may result in arch or heel pain.
- Try to avoid wearing flats for long periods of time. If you know you are going to be walking around the city all day (and carrying a heavy bag), maybe a sneaker or danskos (APMA approved!) would be a better option.
- If you do wear your flats, try to pick a pair that have built in arch support.
- Never buy flats that can bend in half or twist. These are too flimsy and will not provide enough support for your feet.
- Try adding extra support or cushion. APMA recommends Spenco's Q Factor or Foot Petals' Amazing Arches
- For more user friendly tips, see sources below! APMA has great educational material!